John A. Litvaitis
Broman, D.J.A., J.A. Litvaitis, M. Ellingwood, P. Tate, and G. Reed. 2014. Modeling bobcat distributions using incidental observations and telemetry locations: are the results comparable? Wildlife Biology: In press.
Fickenscher, J.L., J. A. Litvaitis, T. D. Lee; and P. C. Johnson. 2014. Insect responses to invasive shrubs: implications to managing thicket habitats in the northeastern United States. Forest Ecology and Management 322:127-135.
Wellington, K., C. Bottom, C. Merrill, and J.A. Litvaitis. 2014. Identifying performance differences among trail cameras used to monitor forest mammals. Wildlife Society Bulletin: In press.
Litvaitis, J.A., J.L. Norment, K. Boland, K. O’Brien, R. Stevens, D. Keirstead, T. Lee, J. Oehler, J. Taylor, S. Bickford, and M. Tarr. 2013. Toward consensus-based actions that balance invasive plant management and conservation of at-risk fauna. Environmental Management 52:1313-1319.
Fenderson, L.E., A.I. Kovach, J.A. Litvaitis, and M.K. Litvaitis. 2011. Population genetic structure and history of fragmented remnant populations of the New England cottontails (Sylvilagus transitionalis). Conservation Genetics 12:943–958.
Weidman, T. and J.A. Litvaitis. 2011. Can supplemental food increase winter survival of a threatened cottontail rabbit? Biological Conservation 144:2054-2058.
T. and J.A. Litvaitis. 2011. Are small habitats being overlooked in
grassland bird conservation? Northeastern Naturalist 18:207-216.
Selected Service Activities
- University Animal Care and Use Committee
- Member of Editorial Boards of Acta Zoologica Lithuanica and Northeast Naturalist
- Coordinator and host of the 80th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Mammalogists (5 days meeting attend by ~500 scientists, largest meeting ever held at UNH)
- Organizer and host of a two-day conference: Shrublands and early-successional forests of the northeastern United States- critical habitats dependent on disturbance (papers from this meeting were published in a special issue of Forest Ecology and Management)
- Associate Editor of the Journal of Mammalogy
- Editor of Northeast Wildlife